Thursday, November 20, 2008

Discreet Gay looking for Love in the Suburbs


I have observed that almost all gays who are out live in city centres or at least very close to them. I have been to Auckland (New Zealand) Brisbane, Sydney and here in Melbourne, and the situation is like that. It is almost diffuclt for a discreet gay guy to find love in the suburbs.

Gays who are over 30 years old could mostly afford living alone in the city and those who are just starting either share a flat with a "flat" mate. Others regardless of age or how much they could afford would like be with a partner by now.

Straight?: True Stories of Unlikely Sexual Encounters Between MenI guess what attracts most gays in the city centres is that they are near the "fun" places - Gay Saunas, Gay Pubs and the like. I am not sure of the probability of finding someone special there but it seems that younger guys want to stay mostly single and just be in the fun.

Gays avoid the suburbs because these places are more family "straight" oriented and the fact they are in this type of zones makes themselve very uncomfortable surrounded by the environment. Thus, the phrase gay friendly area sprouted where most gays or lesbians would associate to.

As not everybody would be accomodated by the city it is more than likely that these gays live in appartnemt units where it feels like a garden of asphalt or brick walls surrounding them.

I like particularly quiet suburban living. Though I am not really into gardening I like to have backyard of my own. I like a suburb which is not too far from the city but will still enjoy the suburburn style. I am not sure if most Discreet Gays live this way.

I am not quite sure why I choose the unpopular ways however I would say that this is me. The next question would be, Would I find love in this part of Melbourne?

Straight?: True Stories of Unlikely Sexual Encounters Between Men

No comments: