Saturday, November 1, 2008

The First Lost Blog of a Discreet Gay.

Welcome to the first Lost Blog of a discreet homosexual.

I have always spoken to people about life being a joke. And cruising along the duality of life, i.e. the positive and negative that exists should not be taken seriously. But until now, though a lot of gay men would just laugh, I still could not comprehend why gay and lesbians exists and the fact that I am one of them, should I take this seriously.

I have always found gay life as the most difficult thing that ever existed in me since I was born. To make matters worse I come from a hard line patriarchal asian society, where sons are expected to become a husbands and fathers. Added to this, a christian upbringing where everyone is told that it is alright to be gay but gay sex is not allowed.

At a very early stage, I knew I am a homosexual. I felt I am different from all the boy kids. How did I know? I wish I have the answers but I just know. I am happy that I am not one of those sterotype gay men and have been discreet in how I conduct myself. But as any discreet gay would say, the downside of this is - the difficulty of hiding.

I am no angel. I am no gay saint, if this really exists. I am a good person and at the same time could be naughty too. But one thing is for sure, in my journey in this life, I still feel I am trying to fit in.

Where is my path now? I am already 40 and I have questions running in my head? Where is this homosexuality going? Should I stay discreet? And the most important question of all is where do I find true and honest love. Thus, here I am writing the Lost Blog of a Discreet Gay in the hopes that these questions be answered.

The internet is like an ocean and I consider this blog as a message in a bottle. Here is hoping that someone finds this blog and understand really where I am coming from.

So wish me luck.

No comments: